Can you teach creativity?
Week 5 of Adobe Train the Trainer and eLearning, and I am loving the exploration, focus and resources for creativity.
- Do you agree or disagree with Robinson’s suggestion that imagination cannot be taught, but that it can be fostered? Why or why not?
- I tend to agree, I really like the way he explained the difference, imagination can be all in the mind, where with creativity you need to create…do something. Schools need to give children space and the ability to
- Do you agree with Robinson that creativity can be taught? Why or why not?
- There are specific processes that can be used to foster creative thinking, so yes, for supporting and fostering creativity it is possible
- Did hearing Robinson’s explanation change your view on teaching creativity? If so, how?
- enhanced rather than changed, as I agreed before hearing him on the video. I like the simplicity of the responses he gave.
Part II: Creativity Workshops
“Take a look at the self-paced professional development workshops on The Adobe Education Exchange that focus on teaching creativity. You can explore these workshops to develop your skills, and direct the educators you work with to these resources for additional professional development.”
- Explore Creativity in Today’s Classroom
- Designing Creativity in the Primary Grades, the Middle Grades, and the Upper Grades
- Sketching to generate ideas
- technique building
- multiple influences
- talk, reflect
- Do the educators you work with implement a creative process with their students?
- some do… I work with design and technology and creative arts, and the design process takes students through the creative process, thinking, researching, developing refining, evaluating and showcasing… however… other areas are more content driven
- If so, how is their creative process similar to Jeff’s? How is it different?
- the creative process is very similar… creating sketches, generating ideas, coming up with a range of options, selecting a preferred option, developing and refining
- If not, how can you inspire the educators you work with to implement a creative process with their students?
- I think just sharing teaching processes, allowing them to view the Adobe resources on creativity
- Which resource from this week’s Creativity in Education resonated most with you? Why?
- Using the design/creative process to foster creativity in my classroom
- How can you apply the information from this week’s Creativity in Education section to your professional practice?
- making sure to continue to use the creative process across all of my presentations as well, to foster creativity regardless of audience.
How will you be using creativity in your classroom? How do you already??