February 1

Adobe Train the Trainer: Elements and eLearning

What a wonderful range of professional development opportunities are available from Adobe at Adobe Education Exchange

I am a long time user and love the creativity the programs allow you to explore. Week 1 asks for reflection on what we know, and how we will use what we learn in the course. We explored Adobe Education Exchange through a fun scavenger hunt, which opened my eyes to the range of great resources and where to find what I need.

How might I use the adobe education exchange as a trainer?
Adobe .edex is a wonderful resource, as well as being able to share my own resources, I can find more tutorials etc. As a trainer it’s good to have all the knowledge at my fingertips, without having to reinvent the wheel.
What do you see as the most valuable component for your work?
As a trainer, sharing this resource with my students will make them better and more engaged learners, being able to find the skill level, or software focus they need.
That is part of the most valuable components of training, creating independent learners, who know where to go for help when I am not there!
Why Creativity Is Important in Education: Sir Ken Robinson

I have watched and read Sir Ken Robinson for the last 6 years or so… he is inspiring and just gets what is needed. I hate the way the focus is on standardised testing, and having seen my own 3 children go through that and get very varied results I can see the angst it creates so unnecessarily.

The most disconnected students find learning more meaningful when it is relevant to them. They ask questions and research at amazing levels when investigating their own ideas, we need to harness this passion and love of learning. We can’t teach by rote, it doesn’t make sense…. so much is changing, our children need to learn how to be creative thinkers and creators in order to bring new and innovative ideas to the table, both in business and in life.

• What was your biggest takeaway from this week’s Creativity in Education section of the course?
  • How can you use this information in your professional practice?

Its sad to think that people feel they have to be taught to be creative, which was one of the findings from the study Adobe did into creativity, but by using creative ways of teaching we can expose our young people to new and different ways of thinking outside the box, without fear of failure. Making learning real and personal will engage students to buy into the learning process as well.

Tags: ,

Posted February 1, 2015 by Suz Arnott in category AdobeT4T, Best Practice