September 1

cool web 2.0 tools

I had a bit of distracting fun creating my voki (see over on the side bar) on the weekend. I thought , yeah cool, a bit of fun. But…. today I was looking through some links on the Victorian Education site and saw a sensational use for the voki, where in student ePortfolios they recorded their student learning goals through their voki, and added it to their site. What a great way to engage the kids in a task they don’t often seem very interested in.

Looking forward to see if it is blocked at school…. hmmmmmmm

Also, thanks to Anne for the guides to import/export blogs, I have posted all of my stuff over on global teacher… so I wonder if I still have to repost what I post here….I guess I will find out :)… I am thinking I will just have to keep exporting etc…

and… drum roll… I have posted week 1 of the Redback Project… enjoy

Tags: , , , , , , , , , ,

Posted September 1, 2008 by Suz Arnott in category bloggingcorner08, cool tools

4 thoughts on “cool web 2.0 tools

1. Sue Waters

How about if you write your posts via email using Posterous which you then set up to automatically post to both blogs at the same time? That may be an easier solution 🙂

Will be interested to hear if Voki is blocked.

2. Suz Arnott

That’s a great ideas Sue….I will give that a go 🙂
    Well, Voki is open for my senior students… going to have to grab some juniors (who are limited to Education channel sites) to see if it works for them. The frustrating thing at the moment is our ISP, but that will be changing I have been told, so we start all over again… ahhhhh
    My Year 12s thought the idea of the talking avatar was cool 🙂

3. Suz Arnott

sadly I can’t get posterous to recognise my globalteacher account…. hmmmmmm… it was a great thought though. Still working on the mobile thing… but as I can access edublogs through my mobile internet I’m not too fazed.
    I was blown away that the voki site wasn’t blocked, considering some of the others that are 🙂

4. Pingback: Recent Links Tagged With "ict" - JabberTags